Tuesday 3 October 2017

Warhammer 40k: Ork Deffkopta progress plus Battlewagon/Scrap Tank

I've been holding off doing an update till I had something substantial to show and after a burst of activity this weekend I think there's something decent to offer up.


I managed to build six bikes in total, mainly from the actuall bike kit but one had a substantial amount of parts come from Curtis' mis-casts box from BOYL which I then added some plasticard to to finish it off (my first time using plasticard but I feel like it worked well).


When I saw that Curtis had included an extra Goblin driver I instantly knew I wanted to make some wacky bike that would be able to stand in as a Nob 




This chap was thrown together using all sorts of bits and pieces, some of which I'm not even sure what they originally were for!

The aim with these was to build a unique bike for each one yet have a similar enough look so you could tell they all came from the hands of the same Mech.  They key for them was to each have Dakka, Bombs and close combat weapons so they fitted with the Deffkopta profile, you might not be able to see the bombs but each bike carries one on it's undercarriage. I'm just waiting for the arrival of same brass rod and I'll get these mounted and ready for spraying.
What I love about these is how they remind me of a mix of Star Wars Pod Racers and Mad Max vehicles, I just hope to do them justice with the paint job.

After I realised I needed plasticard to finish the last of the bikes I decided to look at the pile of parts I picked up from Curtis' mis-cast boxes at BOYL and see what I could come up with and very quickly the rough shape of a tank started to take place.  A bit of clean up and gluing later and I had a half decent Battlewagon, I just needed to use the newly arrived plasticard to fill in or cover up any odd gaps which occurred and it is now ready for spraying.



Next up on the table is the final miniature for the Orc army and it will be another Battlewagon, this time made up from various bits but based around a Rouge Trader Blood Angels Predator.


4 comments:

  1. Good job mate, those are a wee bit nice. (Add Nob joke here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious amount of vehicles there! Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The predator/wagon is well on its way now, just an allergic reaction to super glue halting the progress.

      Delete