Tuesday 31 October 2017

Warhammer 40k: Ork Deffkoptas/Jet Bikes completed

After a late night session on the Orks I have managed to finish the Jet Bikes/Deffkoptas just in time for the end of Orktober.


After first seeing the the Jet bikes at BOYL 17 (available from http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/) I knew I had to have some for my Ork army and I think they fit in well with the Rogue Trader/2nd Ed look.  The sheer amount of parts I had to play with on these meant that I was like the proverbial  kid in a candy store, each bike is unique but there are elements on them all that tie them together so it looks like one nutty Ork Mech threw these together (namely me).
For the paint scheme there was only ever one way to go and that was red and to help them match in with the rest of the army check marks were also the order of the day (I think i'm seeing these in my sleep now).  For the kustom arms the boyz are sporting I used some of the newer GW paints (Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust) to give them a bit of depth and wear.  This is the first time I've used these so didn't go overboard with them but they work really well and are going to see a lot of use when I get to Nurgle's minions.

As I was happy with how these turned out I thought I'd get some decent photos of them but after setting everything up I discovered the camera battery was flat so the phone camera had to do at a push but even so these haven't come out too badly considering.












As I had everything set up I thought I'd also takes some snaps of some of the other keys Orks I've been working on for the army to give them a better showing than a work space shot.







Finally here's a quick work in progress shot of what is up next and is (for now) the last pieces for the army, as also any comments and criticism are welcome.


2 comments: