Tuesday 3 July 2018

Star Wars: Imperial Forces and Maul Complete

After a weeks holiday (where I did get some painting done but was mainly enjoying the fine weather we're experiencing at the moment) I've hit the painting table and rocked on with the Imperial forces for my Star Wars Rebels gaming along with finishing off Maul.





A tricky miniature to paint due to the amount of black but thanks to the Rebels concept art which can be found online I managed to stick pretty closely to his appearance from there (and again if you are a Star Wars fan but haven't watched this yet go pick it up now, well worth sticking with for some excellent story lines).

Next up we have the classic Stormtroopers and then Riot Troopers from the Heart Of The Empire expansion for Imperial Assault.





I followed Sorastro's guide for painting these over on YouTube which was very helpful and I think they've turned out very well.

I first saw the Sentry Droids on Rebels on loved their design and were one of the reason I ended up buying the Imperial Assault miniatures over the Legions range (the fact that within a couple of months you'll be able to pick up most of the major characters from Rebels as well also helped).



A simple paint job for these and again I followed the concept art from Rebels, they look great next to the Stormtroopers as they tower over them.

Lastly we have some heavy support in the form of an AT-DP, I really enjoyed painting this and got to use Typhus Corrosion (with a touch of Ryza Rust) properly for the first time for the weathering which really makes this pop.






With the Imperial forces completed I've now moved on to the Rebel scum, as usual progress pictures over on my Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/crucium.giger/

2 comments: