Monday 1 August 2022

Warhammer 40k: Dark Apostle, Master of Possession and Chaos Marine Champion

To finish off the infantry for this project I bulk painted the three remaining non-named character miniatures I had left; a Dark Disciple, Master of Possession and a converted Chaos Marine Champion.


To help distinguish the character miniatures I painted their shoulder pads in gold as well as having more gold embellishment on their armour.  For the warp emanations/flame I wanted a colour that would really stand out so I opted for one of Army Painters Speedpaints, Plasmatic Blot, which did the trick nicely.



The Champion was converted from Haarken Worldclaimer, which I thought wasn't all that great but had some potential and I quite like the way it turned out.  I mainly removed some of the excessive bits that GW seems to like adding to all their modern sculpts as well as giving him a head change and a re-position


Last up were the underlings that came with the Dark Disciple.  They're actually a couple of decent sculpts as they aren't too busy though the incense holder broke twice during painting due to the thinness of the chain.

3 comments:

  1. I've fallen in love with your black legion, how are you doing the armour panel may I ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Matt black undercoat then a heavy drybrush/over brush of Vallejo Heavy Charcoal, then a lighter drybrush if Vallejo Basalt Grey. The gold is Scale 75 Necro gold, the metals are Scale 75 Black Metal but any chain mail or blades etc is Army Painter Gun Metal. The wash everything liberally with Army Painter Dark Tone with a little wash medium added. To finish they need to be Matt varnished, I use Colour Forge spray for this.

      Delete
    2. Many thanks, I'll give it a go

      Delete