Tuesday 18 April 2023

Terminator Miniature Game: Expansion Minis

As I make my way through the rather large backlog of miniatures it was time to finish off Terminator: Genisys.  Love or hate the film it did produce a great range of miniatures and a game from River Horse Games.  I painted up all of the future war miniatures previously but hadn't touched 1984 onward (yet the most iconic characters are all present here).

For painting I used the technique I started with the Hellboy miniatures; a black prime with an over spray of gray and a dry brush of off white, then a mix of contrast/speed paints were used in conjunction with standard acrylic and metallic paints (so a spin on what is now universally know as slap chop).
I find that this way of painting still produces good results for tabletop standard while being faster to achieve than the traditional base coat/wash/highlight method.

Next up on the painting are the Terminator: Rise Of The Resistance miniatures seeing as I'm on a roll.

I'll be back...

T-800

T-800 rescuing a young Sarah Connor

Young Sarah being carried by a T-800

T-800 "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Pops

Older Pops on a hospital visit

That wasn't a teddy bear

Older Pops battle damaged

Pops fighting the T-3000

John T-3000 Connor

The duel

The duel

Sarah Connor with T-800 head

Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor

1984 Kyle Reese

1984 Cop

1984 Cop

1984 Cop

1984 Co... T-1000

T-72 Mobile Gun Platform

HK-8 Flying Drone

Skynet Spider Tank

Skynet Spider Tank

2 comments:

  1. Love the spider tank, good to see you're posting again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm just working through the Terminator boardgames at the moment so they'll be going up soon.

      Delete