Tuesday 2 May 2017

Prepare To Die - Dark Souls has arrived!

I'll start off by saying that I love the Dark Souls games, the worlds, the lore and of course the difficulty.  So when Steamforged Games announced that they would be producing a miniatures boardgame for Dark Souls I was both intrigued and wary, could they possibly take what makes Dark Souls so special and transfer it to another medium?  If you've read my blog before then you know I was lucky enough to me able to try a boss fight out at last years Ardacon and it did indeed have that Dark Souls vibe (good job as we'd gone all in with the Kickstarter) so I've been looking forward to this moment.
As with any game with this amount of content we went through the box to make sure everything was present and correct and to sleeve up all the cards, while we were doing this I took some photos (the light was a bit hit and miss so they aren't the best I'm afriad) to pop up on here in case your intrigued about the game or even just the miniatures.

The box 

Lift the lid and this is what you're met with, nice touch Steamforged

A well packed box but there's no way it's all going back in afterwards 

To boxes of miniatures and a card tray 

The rule book 

The card tray, keep them tidy in the box but useless once the cards are sleeved 

The smaller box of minis and it's contents

The large 'boss' box which also includes the tokens

Titanite Demon

Outrider Knight

Winged Knight

Ornstein

Smough

Gargoyle

The Dancer

Hollow Crossbowmen

 Hollow Soldiers

Silver Knights

Silver Knight Archers (I actually quite Dark Souls I for six months due to these swines)

Large Hollows

Sentinels

The miniatures are the now almost standard pre-assembled PVC boardgame miniatures, they're decent enough and any bent components are easily sorted with a bit of hot water.
One small apology as I forgot to take any pictures of the game boards but the quality of the print on them very good and the card stock is nice and thick.

I'm hoping to get a game in this week and will be painting these up after I've finished Star Wars Armada as there aren't too many miniatures so it should be a relatively quick job to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment