Wednesday 6 September 2017

Warhammer 40K: Ork Dreadnought

This ones taken a little longer than I thought but well worth it in the end, the second edition Ork Dreadnought.


I fondly remember the cardboard version of this from inside the second edition box (along with the cardboard ruined walls) and I've always had a soft spot for the the miniature.  When I was looking for a dreadnought I had the choice between the Rogue Trader version and this one but in the end I felt this one matched up more with the Goffs in my army so it won out (plus it was a steal on eBay).





For the paint scheme I tried to match it up to the one in the second edition Ork codex and even copied the banner from those very pages.
Hopefully he'll be clattering down the battlefield soon but in the mean time I started prepping the next project, Ork jet bikes/pod racers/deff koptas!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I always saw the card one and thought the banner with that pair of horns on top, was actually its head. Then when I finally saw the official model I initially disliked it because there was no imaginary head.

    Another funky paintjob. It's got to be Goff really, as it has glyphs sculpted on the top of the thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! It has all the flavour of a 2nd edition model.

    ReplyDelete