Monday 21 August 2017

Warhammer 40K: Goff Battlewagon ready to roll and 40,000 views!

When I set up this blog it was mainly so I had a central point to post all of my work instead of just being scattered around the many (excellent) forums we have these days and I never thought that it would garner so much interest.
Now on to business, this weekend saw the completion of my Goff Battlewagon which is the first non Rogue Trader/2 edition piece for this army as the cost of the original Battlewagon put it beyond my means however I have hopefully given it a fitting 2nd edition paint job.



This was once again an eBay purchase and once again came painted to a decent tabletop standard however the black had been dry brushed so much it was actually grey, the reds and small amount of green were quite dark and the check marks and metals had been washed with Army Painters dip from what I could tell making them very muddy looking.
Now while this would look fine with the modern range/style of Orks it didn't fit will my rather vibrant Orks so I used the current paint job as a good base coat and went from there.  The blacks where repainted almost entirely except for the edges which were left to give a highlight, the reds and greens were brought in line with my Goffs as were the check marks and I gave the metals a good dry brush to remove the heavy 'dip' look.  Next up I painted more of the panels which had been left black along with painting the symbols on the large red panel (it was crying out for something) and added some finishing touches to the Deff Rolla, perhaps not entirely fitting with the old school paint scheme but I think it works quite well and break up all that metal.

The original paint scheme

I have already started on my next miniature which is the 2nd edition Dreadnought, a miniature I've always loved ever since using the cardboard version you received in the old boxed game.

2 comments:

  1. Cool model and a great repaint.
    I'm still searching for An appropriate battlewagon for my RT Deathskulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I have two more wagons to build, one based around a Rogue Trader Predator and one made of parts from Ramshackle games.

      Delete