Thursday 2 December 2021

Warhammer 40k: Modern Black Legion Chaos Marines

With the last of my 2nd Edition Chaos Marines finished (for now...) I've moved on to the modern Chaos Space Marine miniatures however I wanted to do something a little different with them so decided on painting an alternate Black Legion scheme, something a little more "Grimdark" than their 2nd Edition brethren.


I started off with a standard squad of Marines to try the scheme out and though I was a tad sceptical while painting them once I had finished them I was very happy with the results and so ploughed on with them.


What has really helped with the paint scheme is the Scale 75 metallic paint, namely Black Metal and Necro Gold, as these have allowed me to paint a really desaturated scheme.
One thing that isn't really noticeable in these pictures is that I finished all the lenses and eyes off with Tamiya Clear Red that adds some real depth and shine to them, adding a little pop to the miniatures.


As I was enjoying painting these so much I just cracked on and ended up doing both ten man squads and The Executioner in pretty quick time for me (I have also started working on two Havoc squads as well), I just hope the rest of the army goes as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment