Monday 23 May 2022

Warhammer 40k: The Hounds of Abaddon

I've had these Hounds of Abaddon kit bashes primed and sat on a shelf for too long a time so they definitely deserved their time under the brush.


Overall I'm happy with the conversions however if I were to do them now I would use the lower halves of the new Chaos Space Marine kit (that wasn't released when I put these together) so that they wouldn't be wearing boots however I don't think it takes away from the overall look of the miniatures, they still look 40k rather than AOS.

The paint scheme is the same as the rest of my modern black legion except for the left shoulder pad and head crests, which I painted metallic and then used contrast blood red over the top before giving the entire miniature a black wash.  I really like the result of this so will be using a similar technique for my Horus Heresy Word Bearers.


The only thing I would say about these miniatures is that they were a bit of a pain to take photos of due to their dynamic poses, it creates a lot of shaded areas and out of focus weapons but hopefully the pictures do them some justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment