Friday 27 May 2022

Warhammer 40k: Obliterators

Hot on the heals on the Hounds of Abaddon come the Obliterators.

With these I tried adding in some flesh tones to the black armour highlights to give an organic/bone like feel, which has worked quite well in conjunction with the organic textures on the armour plates.  They also received more gold trim as they're very special boys (and also to break up the black). 


I also used some contrast red on the cabling (sometimes over a metallic, other times over flesh) to add a bit of pop to the paint scheme.  This is also the first time I've used my Chaos skin scheme over such a large area and I'm happy with how that turned out, a nice deathly purple tinged off-white.

I'm working on a couple of Greater Possessed next so a lot of the techniques used here will be used on them as well and I'm hoping to knock them out relatively quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment