Tuesday 19 May 2020

Hellboy The Boardgame: Germans

Yet again it's been a while since posting here and that's mainly because I've not actually had any completed work to show.  Instead I've been working through my Chaos Marine backlog for 40k, which thanks to the current lockdown I've managed to entirely build and undercoat all of my Black Legion and Death Guard.  However after spending months building 40k I needed a change and I've been itching to get get started on something that I could get done in a short space of time, Hellboy.

My idea to get these done quickly was to use contrast paints but I wanted to get that heavily shadowed look that Mike Mignola has so I sprayed the miniatures black before spraying them top down with the contrast gray.  Though it hasn't worked as I'd planned it does give the miniatures a nice dark tone that works very well.

Here's a couple of shoes of the undercoated Frog  Monsters which are up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment