Monday 12 July 2021

Warhammer 40k: Black Legion Noise Marines

After taking quite a while (understatement of the year) with the Raptors I really enjoyed getting some paint on the Noise Marines and actually finished them in good time.



These were released at the very tail end of 2nd Edition and the art for this design of Noise Marines showed up in the 2nd Ed Codex.  The very first Noise Marines/Emperor's Children miniature was the now classic Mohawked guitar wielding Marine while their successors were the first Noise Marines I owned but personally pale in comparison to these boys which still have a Metal band vibe about them.



I was very tempted to paint them in either Emperor's Childen colours or in their classic garish scheme (lots of bright pinks, yellows, greens and blues) but in the end painted them up to tie in with the rest of the army, which while maybe not that exciting I do like the cohesive look of the force as it's slowly coming together now.






I've already started on the next and last unit for my classic Chaos Space Marines, one which I purposely wanted to paint last as incentive to keep on going, the Rogue Trader Chaos Terminators. 

2 comments: