Thursday 19 August 2021

Warhammer 40k: Chaos Dreadnought

After finishing all the squads of old school miniatures (there's plenty more modern ones to do) it was time to add some heft to the army.  I remember when the Dreadnought was released and wanting one for my Chaos Marine army but younger me couldn't afford it at the time so it brought me a certain amount of satisfaction to paint this up.


Being a bigger centerpiece miniature I did a small amount of extra highlighting just to make him pop a little more but nothing too extravagant as I'm not overly keen on the edge highlighted look.



This is the first time I've used a transfer in decades as I wasn't feeling brave enough to attempt a freehand design but the blank space was begging for something.



He's quite a beast when held in hand (talk about heavy metal) and looks great standing next to this Chaos brethren.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the old school Dread!

    Its a bit of an awkward boxy sculpt but you've really done it justice!

    Looking forward to seeing the whole force assembled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers and I'm getting there with the whole army now, just a few more pieces to go.

      Delete