Monday 11 October 2021

Warhammer 40k: Abaddon The Despoiler

With all the troops finished it was finally time to start on the big man himself, Abaddon The Despoiler.


Unlike a lot of the army Abaddon is my original miniature from 2nd Edition, bought from my FLGS on his release, and so I've been leaving him until near the end of this project.

Up until the great paint removal he still sported my original paint job from back in the dayband I was torn between leaving him as he was and buying another Abaddon to paint or stripping him and starting afresh.

In the end I decided to give him the paint job he deserved all these years.  His base also got an upgrade as he was never the tallest of chaps and now he stands out from the rest of the army.

My 2nd Edition paintathon doesn't end here though as I still have a couple of characters to paint and I'm on the look out for a squad of Rogue Trader World Eaters.  Oh and there's also my Death Guard army as well...!

To end with here's a picture of Abaddon sporting his original paint job.

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic classic model! Funny that he seems so small by modern standards, I remember him being so much larger than life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really needs that base to give him some height

      Delete