Thursday 21 October 2021

Warhammer 40k: Fabius Bile

For a change of pace and to paint something other than black and gold I decided to paint up another favourite sculpt of mine, Fabius Bile.

Even though he's had a new miniature produced of him I still think you can't beat the original.

I painted him slightly different to normal by painting the top half of his coat as power armour as I really wanted a chance to paint some purple and push the Emperor's Children look.  I think it turned out well and helps his head and hair stand out.

For his coat I layered up Rakarth Flesh to Pallid Witch Flesh before glazing it with the Guilliman Contrast paint to add some richness.

All if his vials were painted with Pallid Witch Flesh before building up layers of contrast paint and finishing with some watered down varnish (after his matte spray).

I also tried out some Metal N' Alchemy paints on his backpack, which were great to use and so different to other metallic paints, they'll definitely be getting used more. 

Now that Fabius is done it's time to paint up some more fire power for the Black Legion...

No comments:

Post a Comment